Saturday, March 20, 2010

'You Take This Path' published in Streetcake Magazine

Note: This post originally appeared on my discontinued website maartensity.com. The published date and time has been adjusted to match the original.

When I came across Streetcake Magazine a few months ago, I was pleased to see a small, independent magazine that publishes experimental fiction. The magazine's banner reads "The magazine for innovative, visual and experimental writing". The writing tends to be poetry, short prose pieces, or extracts from longer works.

The magazine is run by Nikki Dudley and Trini Decombe, who is from Chile (the latest issue is dedicated to Chile following the devastation caused by the earthquake). The magazine often features their original work (I particularly liked What do I wanna paint? by Decombe in issue 9), and my impression is of passionate writers who run the magazine out of much more than editorial interest.

They were kind enough to publish my visual poem You take this path, which you can view in Issue 9.

you take
this path that you
have taken
every day you take
you take to the sea
i have become
the image that you
want this image
is
the
   image
that you see
but today
i am alone
today, this day
        i de
 li    be   rate
ly
  stray
to     di ss olve
  and
 sos olve my
 fro
   orf
        sos love
      l i k e  a
clam         S.O.S
        so-so
  l i k e
do
 re
   me
    mem
  ory
omm
 ommmm
  ommmmm re
    r e turned
     the
          same p a t h
to find you
    but you had r e
    mained
behind

No comments: