Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Hello, world

Well my blog is up, that was surprisingly easy.
Dare I say it? Although weblogs (or blogs for short) is a big buzzword
these days, I did not have a clear idea what the phenomenon is until
last night. The road to here is the wonder of the internet. From a
digest email a link took me to one blog, that took me to another blog -
that of Aaron Swartz. Interesting: he's only 18 or 19, but his work,
reputation, and intellectual activity certainly gives the impression
that he is mighty smart. In a niche IQ bracket. Speaking of which,
interesting to read about William James Sidis, the person many reckon
to have been one of the smartest people (purely in terms of IQ) to have
lived. I digress - more about WJS another time.
So from Aaron's website I hopped to another blog, this one by Katicus.
Very different in tone. Where the former was serious, the latter was
cleverly funny and made me laugh.

My alarm clock is set to start with The Streets again tomorrow morning.
I can't believe I woke up with No Roots for over four months. Good
album though.

No comments: