Sunday, December 19, 2004

2004-12-19

I saw When the Last Sword is Drawn today - a Tartan Film with a storyline that unwinds a non-linear storyline circa 1863 and occasionally 1899, set in Japan and chronicling the story of one Konichiro Yoshimura - a Samurai. The last time a movie seemed this long was maybe when I watched Little Buddha somewhere 1996-8. Ol' Keanu - he's played some unexpected roles over the years. But I digress. The movie, long as it was, is starting to return in pieces. Always a good sign. I saw The Incredibles last week - smooth and thrilling, but I've forgotten most of it. The Incredibles - like so many thrill-rides - tends to consume itself. But WTLSID could be one of those that gradually asserts itself in memory. Well let's hope, because those 2.5 hours seemed more like 3.5 and that's a long time to sit in a movie theatre!

Elsewhere, earlier, nos humble subject had a sorry time in Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road. I was looking for the GNC in the little shopping mall I'd been to several times. Alas I managed first to wander off until the far ends of Tottenham Court Road (completely the wrong direction) - then went back all the way, past Tottenham Court Road station, and onto Oxford Street. Crowds of shoppers, like a sudden heat wave. I should've known, what with Xmas around the corner. Was I distracted? Dreaming? Stuff knows, but I never found the little mall, nor GNC. After snoozing up and down Oxford street, several times missing the visual cues I should be looking for, I figured stuff it, I'll go to Holland and Barrett near Leicester Square. Thing is, I get 50% discount at GNC, but by that time I had weighed the value of getting out of that pedestrian hell. The lazy guy won.

No comments: