Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Words written at the lake in Verulamium Park in St. Albans

Sitting here by the lake
the cool breeze chilling
our ability to remain for long;
in my mind nevertheless
like aspirin in a glass
the recent strains
are dissolving to nothing
within its peaceful atmosphere
(or, perhaps, are becoming
more transparent);
and somewhere the sound
of the word "geese" and
the idea "goose" are
also dissolving as I
hear them bleating
as if for the first time
by this modest lake
harbouring them
without intrusion

3 comments:

Darko said...

Hey Marts...I can see you are updating your blog, thanks for the link to trapecista, you have a link from my blog too.

I liked "words written at the lake in Verulamiun Park in St Albans"...

is "our ability to remain for long;" tha same as "our ability to endure remaining for long?"... well just my opinion you know I am very controversial sometimes...

Loads of good energy for you too(two) and hope to see you soon. -yes i know i am always busy but...-

Take care amigos!!

thundercomb said...

hey volan, glad you liked it, and yes i know about being busy ;-) but i managed to order a Cortazar in English (All Fires the Fire) and 2 Borges :-))

so I should be reading soon! currently cruising along Mr. Vertigo by Paul Auster and it's a much smoother read than The New York Trilogy.

"our ability to endure remaining for long" :-) could be a line from something by Ernest Dowson! take care and talk soon

Darko said...

Mmmm. Lovely book by Mr Cortazar... perhaps his best selection of short stories. Highly recommended...