Tuesday, January 04, 2005

With a swagger

Swaggering mouth, walking along the Thames again
I've fallen through a trapdoor in my mind
out of my life, into another place ordinary
along other people with their beauti

full coats, tour boats, girl with pretty smile
frost outside a window and the world outside,
especially near the water, is so cold in winter.
My companion tugs the door and lets me enter

and inside the operatic halls of culture
riven from spinning words we slowly volunteer
a friendly fire for a day, to each a friend
to chat and have a beer - and soon to meet again.

***

The British music scene is alive. The Streets, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand - these are just three of the bands currently making musical significance (I've listened to them, which is why they get the mention - but there are others I'm aching to get my grubby hands on).

Well that's it for today. Sleep duty calls.

No comments: